We are excited that you are interested in volunteering with Neighbors Link! At Neighbors Link it is our mission to strengthen the whole community by actively enhancing the healthy integration of immigrants. We have found that having long term residents work side by side with our clients helps us attain our mission. Through your various forms of commitment, we take pride in your dedication to the critical programs and services that benefit our entire community.
The process to become a volunteer is as follows:
1. Get to know Neighbors Link: Learn more about how you can be involved by attending an information/orientation session. This session is held once a month from 5:00-6:00pm. To reserve a spot please use this link.
2. Request a link to our online application: Once you have attended an information/orientation session, and you make the decision to join Neighbors Link as a volunteer, you may request a link to our online application by emailing email@example.com. Please note that due to the large number of volunteer applications that we receive, we are unable to accept all applicants.
3. Schedule an interview with the Volunteer Manager.
4. Placement: The Volunteer Manager will contact you to suggest a placement that meets your skills, interests and availability as well as the needs of the community we serve.
5. Questions: Please contact Amy Werner at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
To view our volunteer opportunities, please scroll down to the opportunities section below. At this time many of our programs are full, but we do utilize a Wait List system.
**Please note that we accept high school volunteers and adult volunteers. Middle school volunteers are welcome, however, it is required that a parent stay on the premises during their volunteer sessions.
Upcoming Program Changes and Cancellations
July, August, and September
All programming is closed on LABOR DAY
Adelante Juntos: Closed August 21-September 5
PAT: Will resume in September
Thursday ESL: Closed August 17, 24 and 31. Fall begins on September 7
Tuesday ESL: Closed all summer. Will resume in October.
Tuesday/Thursday Daytime ESL: Resumes at the end of October. If you have an agreement with Ramiro, please continue with those days and times.
Childcare Evening Program: Closed the following days:
August 15 and 17
August 22 and 24
ESL Tutoring – tutor students in English as a second language and assist teachers. Curriculum and training will be provided by staff. Tuesdays – TEENS ONLY – 7 - 8:30pm Thursdays – ADULTS ONLY - 7 - 8:30pm
ESL Conversation Groups – Conduct small group sessions with learners who wish to practice their English conversation skills. Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10am - 12pm
Adelante Juntos/Parent-Child Together Classes – volunteers assist the teacher during Neighbors Link parenting and child development classes for young children. You will have the opportunity to interact with young children and support the teacher in guided activities. Monday: 10am - 12pm, Wednesdays: 1 - 3pm
Parents As Teachers Classes – volunteers assist the teacher during group parenting sessions with children under the age of three. Tuesdays: 10am - 12pm (Meets once a month)
Learning Links -TEENS ONLY – assist teachers at our after-school program in Mt. Kisco Elementary School. Provide academic support for students in grades K – 5. Monday through Friday: 3 - 5 pm
Children’s Evening Program – TEENS ONLY - assist staff providing childcare to the children of parents participating in evening education programs. Monday through Thursday: 7 - 8:30pm
Family Night – Prepare and deliver a buffet meal to an evening workshop for families. Every other Friday: 6:30 - 8:00pm
Family Night Childcare – assist teacher and care for children of families participating in an evening workshop. Every other Friday: 6:30 - 8:30pm
Summer Links – TEENS ONLY -Volunteers work with elementary age children in the classrooms of Mount Kisco Elementary School over the summer. June 26 – July 28: 8:45am – 12:15pm
Questions? Please contact Amy Werner, Volunteer Manager, (914) 666-3410, ext. 16 or email@example.com
We hope you enjoy the below video of our Summer Links volunteers in action!